- Standing with feet shoulder-width or a little farther apart, raise both arms over head and interlace the fingers.
- Reach for the sky and hold for 10 seconds.
- Lower the right arm to the side and use the left arm to reach up and over the head toward the right.
- Allow the torso to stretch along with the outstretched arm; the arm should lead the motion, reaching up and over as far as it comfortably can.
- Repeat on the other side.
- When the arm reaches up and over, the spine should stay long, without collapsing to the side.
- Extend the arm for a good stretch.
- Let the free hand hang down at the side, not on the hip.
- Avoid twisting or leaning forward or backward.
- Make sure both feet are planted flat on the ground directly under the knees and hips; the hips should not push out to either side.
Duration / Reps: Hold each part of the stretch – the upward reach and the sideways extension – for 10 seconds
When: During the post-workout, cool-down routine
Releases tension and increases flexibility in the triceps muscles, side abdominals, and latissimus dorsi