A dynamic stretch for the lower and upper back muscles
- Start by standing upright with legs roughly shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent.
- Raise the arms up to about shoulder-height.
- With elbows bent, gently rotate the torso to the right, back to the front, and finally to the left.
- Don't twist the legs while performing this stretch; the torso should be the only part of the body that rotates.
- Bend the knees slightly to help keep the lower body stable.
- Relax the shoulders.
- Keep the arms steady at shoulder height; avoid floppy movements.
- Always move slowly and fluidly, maintaining full body control to avoid overstretching or injury.
Duration / Reps: 10 full rotations
When: During the pre-workout, warm-up routine
Warms up and stretches the lower and upper back muscles