Forward Leg Swings:
- Brace the body against a wall or other support by holding one arm out to the side at shoulder height.
- Start with both feet directly under the hips and then swing the inside leg forward and backward.
- Gradually increase the range of motion until the leg swings as high as it will comfortably go.
Side Leg Swings:
- Facing a wall or other support, brace the body with both arms outstretched and shoulder-high.
- Swing one leg to the side of the body, extending to a comfortable height.
- Swing the leg back crossing in front of the body.
- Increase the range of motion gradually until reaching the maximum comfortable height.
- Keep the body stable and balanced.
- Swing the legs fluidly without bouncy or jerky actions.
- Stand upright, keeping the back straight.
- A slight forward lean is okay during Side Leg Swings, but avoid bending forward at the waist or rounding the back.
- While both legs should be fairly straight, the knees shouldn't be locked.
Duration / Reps: For both exercises, 10 swings with each leg
When: During the pre-workout, warm-up routine
You Need: A wall or other support for balance
Warms up and stretches the hip flexors, hip extensors, hip adductors, and hip abductors