Dynamic Calf Stretch
A dynamic stretch for the calf muscles
- Starting down on all fours, raise the hips up in the air so the body forms an upside-down "V." The knees and elbows should be straight.
- Lift one foot off the ground and rest it on the opposite ankle.
- Very gently, lower the heel of the planted foot down as close to the ground as possible.
- Lift the heel, rising back up onto the ball of the foot and repeat.
- Point the grounded foot straight ahead.
- Keep the grounded leg straight.
- Keep the back straight.
- Lift and lower the heel at a fluid, controlled pace.
- Lower the heel as close to the ground as possible without overstretching.
Duration / Reps: 10-15 times on each leg
When: During the pre-workout, warm-up routine
Warms up and stretches the calf muscles