A full body warm-up and stretching routine
- Have runners spread out an arm's length apart from each other.
- Guide them through a series of stretching movements.
- Start with gentle movements, gradually quickening the pace as you go so energy levels are high at the end.
- Use these exercises, repeating each one about 3 times, or make up your own movements:
- Reach up to the sky and down to the ground.
- Bend over and swing side to side.
- Do the twist.
- Jump up and down.
- Kick your butt.
- Wiggle & jiggle it out.
- Demonstrate each movement while you call it out.
- Have fun with it - improvise and create your own routines.
- Include warm-up exercises that keep your kids moving naturally without overstretching or straining.
Duration / Reps:
- Do each exercise in the routine about 3 times.
- Spend 2-3 minutes total on the whole "Work-It" routine.
When: At the beginning of running sessions
- Warms-up and stretches the whole body
- Teaches the importance of preparing the body to run
- Focuses kids for the running session